Sunday, May 14, 2006

Final week status

Less than a week to go! The write up has to be done by Friday. The code doesn't have to be complete by then. I don't think it will. Hopefully it'll be working though.

I have got the front end just about done! I'll make screen shots at some point. Today I'm going to try to get the .torrent file processed and hopefully connec to the tracker.

PyS60 doesn't have a SHA module but there is one here, which I've just got working.

Also, when testing in Windows HyperTerminal, by scrollback buffer was getting corrupted, which made it really hard to debug errors. I changed the font (to Fixedsys) and now it works fine!

If anyone's reading this, what specific features do you think I should try to implement? What's most important in a Bit Torrent client?

Also, if anyone would be willing to test the code then please either email dave1010 at gmail dot com or leve a comment. All you need is a Nokia smartphone (slight knowledge of Python on Nokia may be useful but is notrequired).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most important feature id'e like to see is being able to download/upload torrent traffic via Wap gateways. mostly cause my "true" 3G internet is limited to 150mB a month, while my wap traffic is unmetered. [and both work at max 3G speeds, too. only difference is the available ports to bind]

Oh and i can make my nokia 6680 available for testing :) if intrested drop me a line at denis . at . gmail d0t com

8:18 pm, May 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home